You Tube For Music!

I am a HUGE fan of Blip.fm! If there’s a certain song I want to listen to, I go and search, find my specific flavor of the moment, and enjoy the music in my ears. Sometimes, though, something else pops up. Something I wasn’t expecting. Something totally delicious on a different level.

I don’t exclude You Tube from my Blip.fm searches, because, frankly, I grew up in a home without MTV so whenever I can watch a video of my favorite song, I do! Don’t even get me started about what I think about the whole Vevo Music Revolution.

(Back to that certain something that I don’t often expect when searching on Blip.fm.)

So, I’m sitting at my desk and I want to hear Taio Cruz’s Break Your Heart and I get THIS!

Then you start pillaging through this young man’s You Tube stream.  And, you become his biggest fan! Ok, ok, so the “you” is really “me”, but it could totally be YOU!

Falling in love with his arrangements of your favorite songs. Yes, I particularly like this ONE Miley Cyrus song. So? What?

Or you find a gem like Chris Holmes, and you go through her You Tube channel three times over.

There’s talent out there. Not just main stream talent, like, everyday-people talent. For this reason alone I will never take You Tube out of my Blip.fm search. I will always give a chance to those that perform covers of my favorites. It’s ALL music to my ears.

Who are some of your favorite You Tube artists? Link ‘em up, yo!

6 Responses to You Tube For Music!
    September 2, 2010 | 5:14 am

WOW.
    I’m going to look at Youtube very differently from now on.

I’ve always wondered about these people who “were discovered on Youtube”, like how does that happen?

Now I see!
    Melisa´s last [type] ..Sending Your Kid To College Is Exactly Like Being Pregnant- But Different

September 2, 2010 | 2:07 pm

Normally, as a general rule, I abstain from covers when I’m blipping as I usually have a craving for the original … you’ve got me rethinking my plan of attack, however!
    Mari´s last [type] ..Sept 2- Death &amp Dying

3. belle
    September 3, 2010 | 6:15 am

Great post; I’ve come across quite a few gems that way myself. And unlike most people, I am a huge fan of the tribute/cover :)

And? That was certainly not the Chris Holmes I was expecting. I didn’t look at the video at first and thought maybe you’d found W.A.S.P.’s Chris Holmes. But not only does he not look like this lady; he would never do a John Mayer cover.

I don’t abstain from YouTube vids on blip, but I admit to getting aggravated and skipping on to the next one when I get a cover by someone I’ve never heard of.
    belle´s last [type] ..Crisis averted

4. click here
    June 28, 2012 | 11:20 pm

Thank you for some other great article. The place else may anybody get that type of info in such a perfect method of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such info.

5. chicken piccata
    September 4, 2012 | 10:31 am

It’s the best time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I could I desire to recommend you few interesting issues or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to learn more issues about it!

6. Интернет реклама
    April 30, 2013 | 12:14 am

It is actually a nice and useful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.