My new addiction: Voice of Addiction

I’ve been bemoaning my music collection lately. I needed new music. New music, wherefore-art-thou??

Then I found Voice of Addiction on Twitter. Or, rather, they found me.

I listened.

I told my friends.

And then I saw a tweet that said:

So I went to the website and I found all the FREE MP3 DOWNLOADS that were available (naturally, after I purchased the Re-Evolution EP on iTunes, which was totally worth the bargain price of $6) and I partook of them. And I’ll be listening to the music to come, because this music mama’s got a new love.

VOA is right up my alley. A little punky, a little gritty, a lot of guitar and drums and a whole lot of awesome. My new favorite music for in the car, at work on my computer and on the track or treadmill running. And drinking beer. Or wine. And to listen to while cooking. Or going for a walk. Or waiting for my kids in the carpool lane (because that’s how I roll; in a mom-wagon).

But don’t take my word for it. Visit their website & hear for yourself. Their website describes them as “Politically Charged & Socially Conscious Rock and Punk,” and they are that and so much more. The songs I’ve heard are well-layered with rough edges in the right places and little turns in them that make me giddy.

So I’m happy; I found some new music! And I urge you to check them out if you haven’t heard them already.

Do it.

Now.

15 Responses to My new addiction: Voice of Addiction
  1. dipaolamomma
    May 11, 2011 | 9:41 pm

You HAD me at punk!

May 11, 2011 | 10:11 pm

You didn’t say “Please”, so I will wait for the magic word. THEN I’m definitely checking them out.

May 11, 2011 | 10:15 pm

Dude. “Please” is so not punk rock.
    But I shall channel the Wolf (a/k/a Harvey Keitel) from his turn in the infamous Pulp Fiction: “Pretty please with an effin cherry on top” go and check out these Chicago boys!
    ;) *muah*
    Mari´s last [type] ..Let there be questions

• Melisa
      May 11, 2011 | 10:22 pm

That’s more like it. Sort of.

4. Tha A-bomb
    May 11, 2011 | 10:25 pm

If you like the free downloads, you’ve got to check them out live. If you’re a midwesterner, it’s more than likely they come to your city a few times a year. Rock & roll and Good Night.

May 11, 2011 | 10:35 pm

Yeah, I’m more “south” than “mid” right now but I’ll be watching for nearby shows. Thanks!
      Mari´s last [type] ..Let there be questions

May 12, 2011 | 9:43 am

Oh *fasthandclap* Thanks so much!!!!!

6. Steve
    May 12, 2011 | 12:39 pm

give me some old school punk on the rough side… oh God, it feels so good!!
    Steve´s last [type] ..4 Stress facts

7. Larissa
    May 12, 2011 | 5:33 pm

I checked them out!!! they are awesome!! I also like listening to music where ever I’m going to!!! Thanks for sharing…I’m going to download some music!!
    Larissa´s last [type] ..How to do a manicure in only 5 steps

8. Andrew
    May 12, 2011 | 5:37 pm

Cool website they have. Thank you! I’ve downloaded some songs to my computer….
    Andrew´s last [type] ..Home Security Systems Do It Yourself- Simple and Helpful

9. Kim
    May 14, 2011 | 12:28 am

I’ll be sure to do that, Mari! Thanks for the tip; I am always on the lookout for new music :)
    Kim´s last [type] ..Trips back home always make me so nostalgic

10. sapir
    May 15, 2011 | 9:57 am

wow thanks for sharing this! i checked them out and i totally like it!
    (by the way, i loveee your site’s design, so fresh and cool!)
    sapir´s last [type] ..what is a homeland security check

11. The Sunday Scoop | The Music Mamas
    June 26, 2011 | 5:11 am

[...] waxed poetic about these guys before, here, so their inclusion should be no surprise. This is off their newest CD, which you can listen to at [...]