Happy July First Fiver.

Or as I like to refer to it, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-FIVER! (can you name that paraphrased tune?)

Ladies & gentlemen, your Friday Fiver. For the uninitiated, here is the drill: listen to the songs, leave your thoughts on them in the comments below (but if you know the songs, play nice & keep the secret), and we’ll give you the scoop on the tracks on Sunday.

TRACK 1:

TRACK 2:

TRACK 3:

TRACK 4:

TRACK 5:

Thanks for playing! Don’t forget to tell your friends.

10 Responses to Happy July First Fiver.
    July 1, 2011 | 8:22 am

1. Nice hypnotic groove. Dig it!
    2. Way too much going on in this song… pretty muddy to my ears.. turned it off at 1:20
    3. Favourite of the bunch. Classic but fresh
    4. GONG
    5. Liked it fine, reminded me of 80′s club music.

Thanks for making friday’s coffee fun!

July 1, 2011 | 8:53 am

I forgot to say… the only fafafaFafa fafaFafa I come up with is Psycho Killer :)

July 1, 2011 | 9:34 pm

No. 1 sounds like a car commercial. Oooh, but is it a remake of an oldie? I kinda like it … good summery song.

No. 2 sounds like if my 9-year-old, her friends and I decided to start a band. Not good. Didn’t make it halfway through

I’m pretty indifferent to No. 3. Could just be my mood tonight.

No. 4 had me bobbing my had immediately. Riot grrrls mixed with Led Zeppelin. Rock on, baby! Didn’t really catch the words, though.

Track 5 reminds me of some early 80s New Wave. Pretty meh on that one. Can take it or leave it.

Nice way to end my evening.
    Tiffani´s last [type] ..Vacation … it never lasts long enough

4. MisterLucky13
    July 2, 2011 | 10:43 am

1. Ooh, like the intro and echo-ey tone. Digging the nearly-overloaded recorded levels of the instruments, nice contrast with the delicate vocals. I can totally imagine Ronnie Spector having recorded this song. Aw, it’s over. Liked this one a lot.

2. AAAGH! In my face! Has a vague Guided By Voices feel to the music. Super-annoyed about 20 seconds, starting to like it by the 1:30 mark. Okay, now I’m annoyed again.

3. Oh, a Nick Drake lost track? No? Sure could be. Okay, now it doesn’t sound like Nick Drake at all. Liked it overall, nice and short, guitar was a little frantic. Is this Sebadoh (sp)?

4. Aw, yeah. Oh no, hand claps. Is this that Toni Basil/White Stripes collaboration I’ve been hearing about? This would be a good song to have your iPod/alarm clock combo play to wake you up on a morning where you had to be in early.

5. Zzzz. Sounds like it could have been originally recorded by Howard Jones. Zzzz.

July 3, 2011 | 4:05 am

1. Sounds like a Zach Braff soundtrack song – very Garden State-esque.. which is a good thing.
    2. Sounds like cats in heat – not a good thing.
    3. Chill Indie rock dude – maybe a little too chill.
    4. Own it, like it.
    5. Tried hard to like this imitation of an early ’90′s XTC but could not.

1&4 are my favs this week. #2 made my ears bleed, bad friday fiver….bad.
    Kathryn´s last [type] ..Tunes at the Club

6. Click here to go to Rock In Prevention
    September 29, 2012 | 1:54 am

I feel that is among the such a lot vital information for me. And i’m satisfied reading your article. However want to remark on some normal issues, The website style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good activity, cheers

7. vijay biography
    October 30, 2014 | 3:44 am

For most recent news you have to visit world-wide-web and
    on world-wide-web I found this website as a most excellent web page for most recent updates.
    vijay biography´s last [type] ..vijay biography

8. swamp attack hack tool Without survey
    December 12, 2015 | 8:37 pm

swamp attack hack tool Without survey…

Happy July First Fiver. | The Music Mamas…