This is where the Fiver be.

Holy crap! Is it Friday already? Well it must be, because here it is, ladies & gents: the latest installment of the drama that we at the Music Mamas like to call the Friday Fiver.

So, you know the drill, yes? Listen to the five blind tracks & leave your best music critic thoughts on said tracks in the comments below. Then hold tight for Sunday, when we will post the big reveal known as the Sunday Scoop, where we’ll give you the details on the songs and artists. And don’t forget to tell your friends! It’s always a surprise to see what tracks make what people happy. Or, you know, vomit.

Will you find your new favorite song? Or something that will chase you away from your speakers? You won’t know until you listen. So here goes.

Track One:

Track Two:

Track Three:

Track Four:

Track Five:

Thanks for playing!

8 Responses to This is where the Fiver be.
    July 8, 2011 | 9:14 am

Track 1: Sounds like the love child of Elton John and Tracy Chapman. Wanted to like it…but there’s an affectation to his voice that grated on me, giving me the same aversion I get when I hear John Ondrasik of Five for Fighting. (Which isn’t exactly a good thing.)

Track 2: Ahaha! Yep, love this – and not surprised that YOU do, Mari, considering the group out of which this band was founded. ;)

Track 3: Turned it off after the first ten seconds. Blech. Whiny techno-emo pansy-ass krautrock crap. (In my humble opinion. lol)

Track 4: Intro drums sounded promising. Then it all went horribly downhill.

Track 5: HELL YES. Now you’re talkin’. God Bless S.E., the old sonofabitch. Love, love, love everything about this…but you knew I would. ;)

Grazie, Mari! Fun fiver!
    Ri´s last [type] ..Fireworks!

2. dy
    July 8, 2011 | 9:50 am

Track 1: I’m liking this. Actually very curious who this is. LOL kind of sounded like Harry Chaplin updated.

Track 2: Not exactly my thing but it’s fun. Again curious who it is.

Track 3: Just kind of boring.

Track 4: LOL, it’s the 70s!

Track 5: Kind of too downcast for me. I think I know who it is though.

Liked tracks 1 and 2 best I guess. I doubt I’d pick up any of these to be honest.
    dy´s last [type] ..Reba, Miranda Lambert and Kelly at Miranda’s wedding

July 8, 2011 | 10:23 am

1. singer-songwriter with a little twang. liked this mellow fellow.
    2. Something about this song made me think of Beck and Johnny Rotten having a baby and then Johnny Rotten punching Beck in the face and taking over. Don’t judge, it’s what I thought. Also, liked it.
    3. Techno NO… boring
    4. Sounds like a bunch of teenagers, in their parents’ basement, wait no middle aged dudes, in their parents’ basement. Nope.
    5. Banjo… wanted to like it but not my thing.
    Kathryn´s last [type] ..Wordless Wednesday – The Water Polo Edition

July 8, 2011 | 10:33 am

mornin’
    1. Dig it… It’s one of those that I’d like to see live in a little club… Haha Ri, I thought Combo Jay Nash/Tracy Chapman

2. Awesomesauce! For me it was a Beck/funofSmashmouthwithoutthesuckage and Mike Ness’ love child singing

3. nope

4.Thought I’d like, but then reminded me of my daughter’s friends band… just not good.

5.eclectic/folky/celtic/strings you can’t go wrong with that imho! another I’d love to see live and up close (with some other Mc’s and O’s)

July 8, 2011 | 10:34 am

Haha!! Kathryn I swear I did NOT read your post before writing mine!!! GMTA

6. Larissa
    July 8, 2011 | 5:56 pm

Love track #1, all the rest are not so much…. but that’s only me…. :)
    Thanks!
    Larissa´s last [type] ..Hair removal methods

7. MisterLucky13
    July 9, 2011 | 12:15 am

1. Like the intro, sounds Fleetwood Mac-ish. Not digging the little country yodeling stuff at the end of half the lines and the Vedder-esque trills. Not feeling it.

2. AW HELL YEAH! Tall cans in the air, lemme see ‘em! Digging this one. A lot.

3. Weird song, reminds me of nothing. Liking it more as it goes along. Very unique. OK, music reminds me a little of Public Image’s ‘Could Be Wrong’. There, I feel better now.

4. Okay, this one’s really weird. HA, a crack attack! Does this song keep slowing down speeding up? Novelty is wearing off @ 2:45 mark. A fun listen, wouldn’t seek it out for a 2nd time.

5. Was okay, not my thing. Found attention drifting for most of the song. Sounded good, I guess, but at the :30 mark, you knew exactly what the whole rest of the song was going to sound like.