Friday Fiver – Version Ri.0

Howdy, Fiver Fans! ‘Tis Ri here rolling out your tunes today, as Mari is off luxuriating on a Press “Getaway” to check out The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (and other fun stuff – like beer) in sunny Cleveland.

Even though the Fiver concept is my baby from over at Music Savvy Mom, it’s been a while since I picked one!  I imagine it’s like falling off a bike, though – and I do that VERY well – so we’re probably safe.

Per usual, I’m going to dig through my entire arsenal of songs – old ones, new ones, ones my PR friends very sweetly drop in my inbox – the whole enchilada.  I’ll post five of them below with no information whatsoever.

Some you may know by heart, some you may never have heard, but try to take each song on it’s own merits as if you’re really listening to it for the very first time.You have a listen, then do your very best Lester Bangs in the comments.  I’ll be back on Sunday with the scoop, and we’ll compare notes.

Let ‘er rip!

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

8 Responses to Friday Fiver – Version Ri.0
  1. Rainbowlite
    July 29, 2011 | 7:42 pm

I really liked the first song, delightfully melodic. Enjoy your sushi and margaritas.

2. Bruce Dickinson
    July 29, 2011 | 9:34 pm

The tracks were great! But I really could have used more cowbell.

July 29, 2011 | 10:23 pm

5 was the favorite

Busy music week… got my Spotify invite yesterday… and am having fun messing around with that, so I’m a lame fiver critic this week… but Thanks for doing it Ri!

Good work

4. Miho
    July 29, 2011 | 10:52 pm

Hi Ri~!

Ah.. everytime I hear these songs… I simply wanna sit on a coldd friday morning and drik some hot mocha coffee. I love it!
    Miho´s last [type] ..How to be creative in making your flash game: Be a game artist.

5. MIsterLucky13
    July 30, 2011 | 10:49 am

1.- Love the low-fi sound. Sounds like something I can’t place. Keep waiting for it to take off but I like the slow burn. Good stuff.

2.- Is this ever gonna start? Tick tick. OK, here we go. Guy has a nice voice but the long intro was self-indulgent and by the time he started singing, I was too annoyed to enjoy it.

3.- Intro sounds like 8-bit Super Nintendo music. Pleasant, enjoyable not especially memorable.

4.- Ooh, sounds like Jerry Lee. Like the background vocals, the guitar tone, melody reminds me of Sea Cruise. Dug this one and it reminded me of how hot my cousin Kate Kincheloe was when she was 14.

5.- Intro really reminds me of some Joseph Arthur live bootlegs. Vocals put me in the mind of David Essex singing “Rock On”. Not a very dynamic song but sounds cool anyway.

Most favoritest was #4, most unfavoritest was #3.

6. barak
    August 3, 2011 | 3:37 am

my favourite
    First track – i like the guitar riff and guitar solo on 2:15
    Second track – sound like the slave songs of old times :) i love it!
    barak´s last [type] ..Dogs’ cancer symptoms

7. Ravit
    August 4, 2011 | 11:27 am

Nice collection you chose for us here…the fifth is surly the best one for me, I love how it is gently furious… who are they?
    Ravit´s last [type] ..Small apartment decorating ideas