Lady business revealed

Thanks for playing! Here are the details on our women in rock-themed Friday Fiver.

Welcome to the Sunday Scoop, where all will be revealed …

Track 1:Imelda May Johnny Got a Boom Boom

Seriously, how awesome is Imelda May? Love the voice, the bass, her rockabilly style. This song is off the Love Tattoo album (where most of the other songs are equally as awesome), her newest album dropped in July and is now safely ensconced on my iTunes.

This is by far my favorite track on the list.

———-

Track 2:Joss Stone Fell in Love with a Boy

I gotta say–I’m really surprised this one was not better received. I really like this version of the White Stripes’ Fell in Love with a Girl. This song annoyed me the first time I heard it, but then I liked it. I guess Stone is one of those love ‘em or hate ‘em kind of artists. While I’m not a fan of her side project with  Mick Jagger & others (Super Heavy–I’m not going to link to it because I think it’s quite horrible), I’m still a fan.

———-

Track 3:The Ettes Crown of Age

Found this song on the Whip It soundtrack, loved it, and went and found the album from which the song originated. Great running song and all-around awesome. The Ettes released a new album earlier this month.

———-

Track 4:Grace Potter & The Nocturnals Sweet Hands

Love them. Their sound defies time and she’s got a bit of bluesy Bonnie Raitt in there that rocks my socks off. A little bit country a little bit bluesy a little bit alt rocky. This Vermont group is influenced by 1970s power rockers and I think that shows in their music.

———-

Track 5:Ani DiFranco Emancipated Minor

While I’m not a huge fan of Ani DiFranco’s music,I am a huge fan of what a hardcore trailblazer she is. And how off would a list of awesome women musicians be without her on the list? A nod here to the original righteous babe.

The Fiver is going bi-weekly, so the next one won’t be posted until the 19th of August, but there will be other posts to whet your appetite. And finally, in honor of the woman who recently passed, my most very favorite Amy Winehouse jam:

7 Responses to Lady business revealed
  1. Anna
    August 7, 2011 | 8:09 am

Dident knew Grace Potter & The Nocturnals- they great! thanks!
    Anna´s last [type] ..How to attract the right man

2. Judith Bassler
    August 8, 2011 | 8:24 am

The clip of Amy Winehouse is great! Thank you a lot.
    Judith Bassler´s last [type] ..medium layered hairstyles

3. Erin
    August 8, 2011 | 8:59 am

Ani DiFranco is totally Rocks, her voice have such rhythm and flow. thanks for the scoop :-)
    Erin´s last [type] ..Biomechanics of a Golf Swing Explained

4. Larissa
    August 9, 2011 | 1:52 am

I miss Amy soooo much!!! thanks for the video!
    Larissa´s last [type] ..How to Look Natural MakeUp Tips

5. ella
    August 9, 2011 | 3:31 pm

RIP Any :(
    ella´s last [type] ..An Event Proposal Template You Can Use

6. ros brusfild
    August 10, 2011 | 7:34 am

Grace Potter And The Nocturnals
    Sweet Hands lyrics

Tuesday night feet on the floor
    Keys in hand headed out that door
    I look to you but you don’t look back
    There’s a slow train coming with a clickety-clack

Come on baby give it to me
    If I chase you’re running up that tree
    Seems there’s nothing I can do
    To get a little bit of love from the hands of you

You’ve got the sweetest little hands an this side of the rio grande
    And if you love me you’ve got to love me right
    So take your sticky little fingers and hold me tight

It’s like touch and go without touch
    It’s all I ask but it’s still too much
    You’ve got to love me tender
    You’ve got to love me tough
    But what you’re giving me just ain’t enough

You’ve got the sweetest little hands an this side of the rio grande
    And if you love me you’ve got to love me right
    So take your sticky little fingers and hold me tight
    ros brusfild´s last [type] ..Lesson to Have a Positive Communication

7. bloom
    March 22, 2013 | 11:09 pm

Personally, I’ve had enough of this long winter. If you agree with my sentiments, I am happy to report that I have seen a few glimpses that spring is quickly approaching. A couplet of robins possess returned aboriginal, intelligent for content in our grounds, and crocuses are fair kickoff to pop up out of the cold ground.