This is not your Friday Fiver…

… but, coincidentally, it is 5 songs on a Friday.

These are the songs that are moving me today. What’s on your playlist?

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
12 Responses to This is not your Friday Fiver…
  1. singlemama CC (@singlemama_cc)
    August 12, 2011 | 3:38 pm

I’m rocking to some Steven Tyler, David Lee Roth and Stevie Nicks….God bless classic rewind on SIRIUS while the boss is outta the office! One more day of Celine fucking Dion and I woulda scratched my own eyes out with my lighter.
    singlemama CC (@singlemama_cc)´s last [type] ..Things learned in a whales vagina

August 12, 2011 | 3:56 pm

Nice. I don’t understand people who don’t understand Steven Tyler. David Lee Roth is my oldschool boyfriend and I shall love him forever. My teenage bedroom was plastered, literally, floor-to-all-over-the-ceiling with posters of DLR. One of him wearing a towel & tape and not much else was directly over my bed. Stevie Nicks is *awesome* but also makes me think of Bonnie Tyler, which makes me think of the literal video version of “Total Eclipse of the Heart” — mullet with headlights! #love

2. Kim
    August 13, 2011 | 12:50 am

I’m so glad this came up, because I just got back from about a five hour drive. Here’s a few of the standouts from the trip:

Mexican Blackbird – ZZ Top
    Devil’s Plaything – Danzig
    Sad But True – Metallica
    Perfect Situation – Weezer
    Sunspots – Bob Seger
    End of the Beginning – 30 Seconds To Mars
    Teenagers – My Chemical Romance
    Feel Good Drag – Anberlin
    Wolf Moon – Type O Negative
    Things You Do To Me – Hank III
    Bitches – Hollywood Undead
    When You Close Your Eyes – Night Ranger

Oh gosh….can’t think of much else right now, but there was lots and lots :)
    Kim´s last [type] ..Show me the green!

August 13, 2011 | 8:00 pm

I work at a market and was there all day:

here are my “5 songs that didn’t suck at the market” today

For the Summer~ Ray LaMontage
    Kick Drum Heart~ Avett Brothers
    This Heart of Mine~ Jason Castro
    No Myth ~Michael Penn
    Dog Days are Over~ Florence and the Machine

The other fivethousandandtwentyeight songs sucked

August 13, 2011 | 9:03 pm

I hate being forced to listen to music that I don’t want to hear, but it’s always so nice when there are awesome songs that stick out, isn’t it?
      Mari´s last [type] .."Hipster."

• Kim
      August 15, 2011 | 8:40 am

What kind of market is this? How awesome! I love Ray, Jason, and the Avett Brothers!
      Kim´s last [type] ..It’s been an amazing night

• oh_pook
        August 15, 2011 | 10:10 am

Groceries…Produce, Meat, Dairy, Deli, Bakery and all that good processed stuff in between. :)

4. Anna
    August 14, 2011 | 7:18 am

Nice list! have a great week :)
    Anna´s last [type] ..5 Tips On How to Make a Relationship Work

5. dom
    August 15, 2011 | 5:59 am

Hi thanks for sharing your list.. i may not know some of it but i truly believe that these are good ones.. i would love to share my list of songs with sometime..
    dom´s last [type] ..angry birds pc

6. Kevin
    September 4, 2011 | 6:23 am

Hole Miss World for real. This was one of the best rock/grunge bands of the 90′s, I remember going to a very early live performance of them in Reading Festival (pre Curt Cobain + Courtny’s relations), and I was truely amazed by their dark, yet “shiny” sound.
    Kevin´s last [type] ..Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain