Hello, Friday. You Look Fiver-lous.

Hello friends; welcome to your Friday Fiver, the fabulous and fun edition. And I’m posting it on Thursday night because, well, I want to.

Why? Well, why not?

The tracks are not identified; some you may know, some you may not. Some you may love already. Some you may learn to love, and some, well, you might not be able to tolerate, much less love. But please, for all that the Fiver stands for, don’t spill the beans in the comments so as not to kill the surprise.

Now, get on with it! Listen to the tracks & tell us how you feel. Sunday we’ll spill the details.

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

10 Responses to Hello, Friday. You Look Fiver-lous.
    August 19, 2011 | 9:13 am

1. Ohhh Niiiice Groove. Totally smoothe… will be going back for 2nds and 3rds

2. visions of 80′s hairbands and spandex.. not my thing

3. Something about the music reminds me of REM around “Fables” time period… singers voice is a little Marcus Mumford meets Matt Hires-esque to me. with all that great praise in comparison… it was actually a little boring

4. I think if I knew them I’d totally “love” this song, especially if they were at a dive bar playing it. but since I don’t… i just “like” it. will definitely listen to it again.

5. wouldn’t seek it out, but probably wouldn’t shut it off either

August 19, 2011 | 4:04 pm

#1 took me totally by surprise. Didn’t think I’d like it but I think it’s awesome.
      Mari´s last [type] .."Hipster."

• Kim @ This Belle Rocks
      August 21, 2011 | 1:02 am

Oh pook, you CRACK ME UP! Especially with #s 2 and 3….
      Kim @ This Belle Rocks´s last [type] ..What a week!

2. Barbara
    August 19, 2011 | 10:46 am

Love #2! Then I would pick #1, #5, #3 & #4. Great selection this week!!!!

August 19, 2011 | 4:05 pm

Yeah, I thought that one might bring some strong reaction! ;)
      Mari´s last [type] .."Hipster."

3. MisterLucky13
    August 20, 2011 | 10:21 am

1- Cool intro. Aww. Nice enough, a little precious, multiple tempo chances seemed indulgent.

2- Whoa! Never been to a strip club but I always imagine this is what would be playing when I walked in the door. Even I found the video a little demeaning. Rockin’! #RIPNATEDOGG

3- Great Early 80′s vibe. Guitar at times reminds me of “The One I Love”. Reminds me of Translator a little too. Nice change of pace. I’ll definitely listen to this one again.

4- Can’t figure out why someone would think it was a good idea to cover this. Even if you nail it, it’s still going to pale by comparison. Sort of like anyone covering “Drift Away”. Liked the fuzzy guitar tone though.

5- Wow. Lotta stuff going on. Vocals remind me of really early “Bytor and the Snow Dog”-era Geddy Lee and an early 80′s band called the Three O’Clock. Look up The Three O’Clock – “Jet Fighter” on YouTube, it kicks. Also a little bit of a System of a Down vibe in there. Different & interesting, I liked this one!

Semi-related: Saw Translator & the Three O’Clock open for the B-52′s at the Greek on a warm summer night on the Whammy tour. Top 10 show ever. After listening to the Fiver, I’m going to go make a Translator-Three O’Clock-B-52′s playlist. Thanks for planning out my day for me! :)

August 20, 2011 | 3:04 pm

I shall be looking up both Translator and The Three O’Clock.
      Thanks for playing!
      Mari´s last [type] .."Hipster."

4. Kim @ This Belle Rocks
    August 21, 2011 | 1:28 am

You have outdone yourself, Mari!

1. Love. Love. LOVE! Reminds me of Blue Foundation, but with some always awesome twang. I can’t wait to find out who this is so I can go buy this song.

2. Yeah, I know this one! Not my favorite by them, though. But definitely their most well-known.

3. Lovin’ the twangy guitar & bass. I see why they remind oh_pook of Fables-era R.E.M. They remind me of The Rembrandts as well, and I also think they have a very Gin Blossoms-ish vibe.

4. OMG. LURVE. Just not as much as the original.

5. I know this one as well. Not much of a fan of this band, but this song sounds great and is meant to be LOUD!
    Kim @ This Belle Rocks´s last [type] ..What a week!

5. bc.vc
    January 30, 2014 | 7:32 pm

I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this webpage on regular
    basis to get updated from latest information.
    bc.vc´s last [type] ..bc.vc

6. stainless steel cooker hood 100cm
    April 28, 2014 | 4:27 am

Hi I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would
    just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it
    all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.
    stainless steel cooker hood 100cm´s last [type] ..stainless steel cooker hood 100cm