This is the Friday Fiver

Yay for Friday and music and all of that mess. And yay+ for the Friday Fiver.

What can I say? I’m impatient. So I’m springing this a day early!

Here are you five drops of randomness; give ‘em a listen, gather your thoughts and tell us all about it. Some you may know some are new some are awesome some … well, maybe not so much. But if you are familiar with the songs? Don’t spill the detais; just your thoughts. And if you know the songs, well, try to listen to them with fresh ears (is that a thing?) and comment accordingly.

Here you go:

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

Thanks for playing! The Friday Fiver is my favorite and I love it when you play along.

See you Sunday when the details will be revealed.

8 Responses to This is the Friday Fiver
    October 28, 2011 | 4:02 pm

Man. I dunno if my perception is skewed from the stress of having just spent two hours in my son’s Kindergarten class, but I didn’t make it all the way through ANY of them this week. (Yes, even number four, which I’m pretty sure is currently in my collection.)

I’ll try again after my blood pressure subsides, though. ;) Thanks for putting it up, Mari!

October 29, 2011 | 10:03 am

Then, clearly, you need to listen again!
      Mari´s last [type] ..Teenage Dream

2. MisterLucky13
    October 29, 2011 | 9:53 am

1- Cool Dave Edmunds sound. Also reminds me of Supersuckers (cleaned up) a bit. Ooh, liking the pedal steel guitar noodling. Empty musical calories but yummy anyway.

2- Kinda liked the Steamboat Willie-ish intro. Vocals are pretty weak but it’s an interesting mix of things, makes me want to listen to some Ultravox.

3- Okay, this is pretty weird. Remember hearing it a few years ago and couldn’t decide if I liked it then. Still can’t decide. Leaning towards not.

4- I’ve spent hours trying to learn this guitar riff but have never gotten it. Love this song, it always sounds good. Wish I could play it. :(

5- Eww, hand claps… Liked the music more than the vocals but didn’t really like the music that much.

October 29, 2011 | 10:03 am

Your intense dislike for hand claps never ceases to take me by surprise and make me laugh!
      Mari´s last [type] ..Teenage Dream

3. Patti @Easton Place Designs
    October 29, 2011 | 4:32 pm

This is my first time “playing”, so be patient with me :)
    1. I can not listen to anything resembling “rock-a-billy”. Sorry.
    2. I like it! Has an ’80′s meets 2011 Alternative vibe.
    3. LOVE it.
    4. Ick. (See #1. Couldn’t get past 27 seconds. Sorry)
    5. Love it :)

October 29, 2011 | 5:43 pm

Thanks for playing, Patti! Come back tomorrow where all will be revealed. :)

4. hunterX0506
    October 31, 2011 | 12:20 pm

WOW! Great blog post! but I don’t have that fever because I don’t like outing outside in the night. Thanks for sharing. | :P
    hunterX0506´s last [type] ..Dirt Bike Racing Games

5. http://blogs.rediff.com/jetpackjoyridehacktool

This is the Friday Fiver | The Music Mamas…