Fridays taste better with Fivers.

Happy freakin’ New Year! It’s Fiver time.

Are you as happy that I am that it’s 2012? I mean, Mayan death calendar prediction aside, I’m pretty damn hopeful that this is going to be an awesome year of win.

Here be your first official Fiver of the new year, and you know how to play along, yes? Listen to the unmarked tunes and play music critic. We’ve got a little something old, something new, something borrowed & something blues, so hopefully there’s a little something there that will make you happy.Tell your friends to come & have a listen, too! Then on Sunday, all will be revealed.

So what’re you waiting for? Let’s dig in!

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

12 Responses to Fridays taste better with Fivers.
    January 6, 2012 | 9:49 am

1. I tried.. just no
    2. Yee-haw.. ah no
    3. 90′s beauty – Girly Grunge Gold. Favorite.
    4. Rocker trying to be country or Country trying to rock out… doesn’t work for me
    5. The Legend.. Always a yes for me.

January 6, 2012 | 11:15 am

LOL you crack me up!
      Thanks for playing :)

January 6, 2012 | 11:00 am

Didn’t make it all the way through 1 and 4.

Like 2, but not nearly as much as his Dad and his Namesake. (But then, the kid has HUGE shoes to fill…or even stand beside.)

Didn’t like 3 in the ’90s, either.

5 made up for it all – perfection simmered in awesomesauce.

January 6, 2012 | 11:15 am

Tis always best to end on a high note, no?
      I didn’t think 1 was your cuppa, but I think you may like to hear more of #4.

3. April @ Red-Dirt-Mama
    January 6, 2012 | 11:01 am

1. This one had a lot of potential. I liked the intro and the drummer is pretty solid, but I’m not a fan of the voice. It’s either that the mixing is not my style or I just don’t think he fits.
    2. Steady beat, easy to tap along to (nice high hat, “mmm-cha-cha, mmm-cha-cha”), reminds me of a little country, a little Southern Gospel, and it grew on me by the end. Not one I’d pick in the first few notes.
    3. How can you not love this song? It was a hit for a reason. :)
    4. This sounds familiar to me, but I can’t place it. It definitely has some modern bluesy sounds – the brass and the beat, it also gives me throw-back sounds to some 80′s songs.
    5. Ah, Cash. I feel like I should be speeding along an Oklahoma back road with the windows rolled down.

This was fun! I’m a Fiver newbie. :)

January 6, 2012 | 11:14 am

Welcome, April! Thanks for playing :)
      Be sure to come back on Sunday, I’ll fill in the blanks for you.

4. Clint
    January 6, 2012 | 2:04 pm

I really like #1, but then again, I might be a bit biased. lol

2.) not a big fan…a little too honkey-tonkey for my liking.

3.) Breeders are awesome. ’nuff said

4.) Meh…just not my cup of tea.

5.) Cash…is what it is. :)

January 6, 2012 | 3:13 pm

Thanks for playing, Clint!

5. MrLucky13 (Scott)
    January 8, 2012 | 9:23 am

1- Digging the intro…Vocals remind me a little of a disinterested Glenn Danzig. Oh, not feeling the chorus. Has a little of a System of a Down vibe. Mix is weird, vocals should be dialed down a bit. Got bored at the 3:00 mark.

2- I imaging Buck Owen singing this on Hee Haw with all the cornfield yokels singing backup and providing handclaps. Liked the tone on the guitar solo. Kinda fun.

3- Not bad but sort of falls into the Billy Squier ‘Rock Me Tonight’ category, an okay song that’s derailed by a bad video. I remember being really annoyed by the vid, how every facial expression seemed like it was done for effect, like the girls thought everything they did was super-cool and that we’d all have no choice but to dig it. I still get annoyed at that when I hear the song but it does make me want to go bowling.

4- Black Crowes-sounding intro is cool. Guitar solo is a bit busy. Cool enough song, liked the music more than the vocals.

5- HELL YEAH. God, I hope there’s a special wing in Heaven for Rick Rubin for bringing JC’s music to millions new fans who might not have heard him otherwise and showing them how vital, no, essential he was. It would have been a sin if those awful Mercury label recordings had been the final chapter of JC’s legacy. I miss the Man every day. Thanks for starting my day with goosebumps all the way to the top of my head.

6. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post
    plus the rest of the site is very good.
    http://alhammadgroup.com/vb/member.Php?u=988427-KayleneKi´s last [type] ..http://alhammadgroup.com/vb/member.Php?u=988427-KayleneKi

7. nhpeak.com
    October 18, 2013 | 3:23 am

I enjoy, cause I discovered just what I was looking for.
    You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a great day. Bye
    nhpeak.com´s last [type] ..nhpeak.com

8. Fridays taste better with Fivers.
    December 24, 2014 | 2:38 am

Good way of describing, and good paragraph to take data on the topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to
    present in institution of higher education.
    Fridays taste better with Fivers.´s last [type] ..Fridays taste better with Fivers.