SXSW Sunday Scoop

I realize, I chose a random little sample from the SXSW options. The options were MANY so I just narrowed it down to 5 + 1 for all of you to enjoy (or hate, or feel meh about). So here we go:

Teeth by “The Ettes”
This is a Nashville based Retro Rocker Trio. Two Thirds of this group are estrogen based which I love. Felt like Teeth had a little spagetti Western twang feel to it, I sort of dug it.
Track 1:

Up, Up, Up by Givers
This is a Louisiana Indie Pop Band. You gamers may have heard this song from the EA Sports FIFA 12 game. Catchy little tune, not my favorite.
Track 2:

I just might pray by The David Mayfield Parade
This big hipster bearded boy play a country-folk-bluegrass hybrid. Not usually my thing, I honestly threw it in for Ri, but I sort of dig this guy. If you can, watch the David Mayfield interview from NPR. The footage from his live shows is hilarious and engaging. I think this guy would be worth the ticket for admission.
Track 3:

Portraits by The Wheeler Brothers
These boys are from Austin, TX. Three of the five gents in this band are brothers. I wasn’t sure if I would like these guys but after a few listens to their mixture of rock, folk & blues I was a believer. Dare I say they remind me a bit of less screachy version of Kings of Leon?
Track 4:

The Tale of You and Me by Wild Child.
This indie group started out as a duo and now are a full band. Another one from the home of SXSW, Austin, Tx. These newbies were probably my favorite of the bunch.
Track 5:

Settle Down by Kimbra.
You may not have heard this song but I guarantee you know this voice. Kimbra is an Australian gal currently on  the airwaves singing “Somebody that I used to know” with Gotye. Kimbra is not everyone’s cup of tea but she seems to be growing on me.
Fiver Bonus Track:

10 Responses to SXSW Sunday Scoop
    March 11, 2012 | 9:41 am

Three is def growing on me – you’ve got me pegged! lol! Yep, 3, 4, 5 are going into my rotation – thanks, Kat! :)

• Kathryn
      March 11, 2012 | 11:17 am

I am here to please. 3, 4, & 5 are growing on me and they are not usually my first choice. This was a fun to find all the options.

March 11, 2012 | 9:01 pm

1. makes me think of The Mamas & The Papas

2. meh

3. beer-drinking music

4. it’s ok

5. not my thing

6. not for me

Thanks for the music!

3. [...] other new favorite I discovered when pulling together a post for The Music Mamas.  The Ettes and their song, “Teeth” from the album Wicked [...]

4. country music singer nashville
    May 16, 2012 | 10:14 pm

Track 1: it was ok, not bad, just ok.

Track 2: Not a fan of the start of this song, but it got a little better.

Track 3: For sure country-folk-bluegrass hybrid.

Track 4: Okay

Track 5: I like

Track 6: Fresh (now on my pandora)

5. cause of a yeast infection in women
    June 2, 2012 | 8:47 am

Hey there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

6. }
    January 11, 2014 | 3:28 am

It’s that you understand my head! You appear to recognise a lot roughly this, that you submitted your guidebook from it or something like that. I think that you could possibly do with many s. h. to just make the message home a tad, nevertheless besides these very, it is good site. An incredible examine. We’ll absolutely return to their office.

7. SEO
    November 7, 2014 | 8:54 am

Exceptional article. I had been checking out frequently this website and I am satisfied! Very useful information precisely the remaining step :) I personally look after similarly info a good deal SEO. I was looking for that specific details for your quite a while. Thank you plus good luck.

8. nevresimfiyatları
    November 7, 2014 | 10:57 am

I’ve understand quite a few excellent stuff below. Undoubtedly price social bookmarking regarding returning to nevresimfiyatları. I wonder how a lot efforts you add to generate such a great educational site.

9. tsingy de bemaraha
    November 10, 2014 | 5:30 am

Its not my first time to pay a visit this web site, i am browsing this
    website dailly and take pleasant data from here all the time.
    tsingy de bemaraha´s last [type] ..tsingy de bemaraha