And then there were five. Plus a bonus track.

I was gonna say it’s 5 plus 1 because “Friday six pack” doesn’t have as nice a ring to it as Friday Fiver .. but who am I kidding? Everyone loves a six pack. Except when those people like airbrush the six pack onto their abs. But the tattoo of the six pack is kind of funny. Just sayin’.

This Fiver has a bonus… and it’s all mine!

Anyhoo… This is your Friday Fiver! Here’s how it works for those of you who are rusty: Listen to the songs, like you’ve never heard them before. Critique them in the comments! What did you love? Or not? Tell us. We want to know. We’re like your awesome mama therapists, sitting on the couch, hungry for your musical musings. So let us know.

And if you know the song? You hush your face and don’t tell. All will be revealed to all when we return on Sunday for the Scoop! We’ll give you the info, both artists (or perpetrator, depending on your angle) and song title, so you can try to go out and snag this little number for your own music stash.

Invite your friends–it’s always more fun with a crowd.

So, are we ready?

Here we go …

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

Special-bonus-Track 6 that I just included because I like it:

8 Responses to And then there were five. Plus a bonus track.
    July 27, 2012 | 9:51 am

1. NO WAY…ohhh, ohhhh…
    2. Annnd, they’re back! Nice. :)
    3. Eh.
    4. Like this one – good for a workout playlist.
    5. Nope.
    6. They are to you as Townes is to me – lol! (Notsomuch my fave, but ‘sokay)

2. Kim @ This Belle Rocks
    July 27, 2012 | 3:29 pm

1. Do not like
    2. Like Skrillex’s sampling of this better
    3. Reminds me of stuff I listened to in college. Or rather, stuff that was played on alt radio when I was in college.
    4. It’s okay.
    5. I like the sorta bluesy feel, but it does nothing for me.
    6. Yeah, Mari! This is such a catchy song….and shockingly, one of ONLY two that I know by them. I really need to listen to more of their stuff.

July 27, 2012 | 7:19 pm

I gotta say–I’m always surprised by the songs you guys like & what you don’t! The ones that I think for sure will be hits are usually ‘meh’ & the ones I think are worth the listen you alla re like ‘meh’!

July 28, 2012 | 12:43 am

1. Reminds me of Blink 182 and Green Day.
    2. Didn’t really like them the first time around, except for their first hit.
    3. Nothing to say.
    4. Like the opening riff.
    5. Music is OK. Lyrics too mopey.
    6. Good for running!

5. MrLucky13
    July 29, 2012 | 11:00 am

Sorry I’m late – Was away from computer for last couple days. What did you bring for us?

1. Intro made me think the new season of Survivor had started. Thought I wasn’t gonna like this but I was wrong. Doesn’t remind me of anything. Okay, it’s done. Fun song!

2. Intro. More intro. Get on with it! Oh, now Survivor is *really* starting. Oh, I think I know what this is. Kinda like the music but the vocals are soooo affected.

3. Digging the intro, sounds like a mix between Romeo Void and the Stones. Okay, getting bored by the 2nd verse. Next.

4. Lotsa echo. Weird combo of sparse music and heavy, affected production. Still works though. Ooh, she just cussed!

5. Vocals remind me of Chris Martin. Like the song but the whole thing sounds a lot like Coldplay’s “Everything’s Not Lost”. Sounds good though.

6. Well, jeez. What can be said? One of the best songs ever. No comment is worthy. But this is a perfect song. Great lyrics, unbelievably catchy hook, great production, if you can listen to this without singing and bobbing your head, you suck.

Welcome back, Fiver!

July 30, 2012 | 11:49 am

I feel the same way about no doubt & the affected vocals, but that’s kind of their thing. I can be okay with that!

6. american indie bands|
    November 21, 2012 | 12:06 am

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your site in internet explorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a huge section of other folks will omit your magnificent writing due to this problem.

7. pgs golf
    December 13, 2012 | 5:27 am

Hello viewers here is something to telling about Golf Flag in UK Poles Manufacturers & Flag Poles Suppliers. promotional team sport club Manufacturer and Flag provides high quality flags and flagpoles at extremely sports clubs in UK , We also supply our products to golf .